Macports On Pure Darwin

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sun Feb 17 06:06:51 PST 2008

Michael Franz wrote:

> There are even three: "darwin", a superset of "macosx" and
> "puredarwin"
>
> Darwin does not automatically include e.g. Carbon and Cocoa
> frameworks.
> So technically those ports are wrong, or at least making
> assumptions...
> I may have misspoke, I am using just darwin, I forgot that there is
> a puredarwin project.  That is not what I am using.

"puredarwin" is a MacPorts variant that means "Darwin without Carbon"
- such as Darwin OS.
"macosx" is a similar MacPorts variant that means "Darwin with
Carbon" - such as Mac OS X.

The platform variant "darwin" would be set for both of them, as both
have uname == "Darwin".
I think software is supposed to look for specific libraries/
frameworks, instead of assume ?

--anders