nedit: cannot open files under Leopard

Hummingbird aturo at gmx.net
Mon Feb 18 15:55:21 PST 2008

Although I read many complaints about nedit on OSX on the web I still thought
I'll give it a try since I love this little editor so much ....

I compiled nedit under Leopard but I get the following problem:
Whenever I open a file through the Open Dialog I cannot browse through
directories. nedit throws the following error message whenever I
double-click on a directory or file:

   Name: Text
    Class: XmTextField
    Character '\xx' not supported in font.  Discarded.

The filter field is empty all the time.
When I try to open a file through the filter textfield nedit crashes and
displays: Bus error

Any idea?