emacs-app dependencies

cssdev at mac.com cssdev at mac.com
Thu Feb 21 04:20:15 PST 2008

On Feb 20, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> and so far it seems to run just fine.  What am I missing.  It
>> would be
>> nice to remove these dependencies if they are really not necessary.
>>
>> Anyone?
>
> The coreutils port was added as a dependency of emacs-app in r21091
> by Chris Scharver. The log message doesn't say why (other than to
> say "adding several build dependencies" (though they're declared as
> library dependencies)). Cc'ing Chris.

It was picked up as a runtime dependency when I ran in the port in
debug mode.  It was probably just a matter of the debug system
picking up that the install process uses the MacPorts utilities
rather than the default system ones. I don't have any objections to
removing the coreutils dependency.

Chris