ntfs-3g 1.1120 source missing

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 22 01:04:02 PST 2008

On Feb 21, 2008, at 20:40, Ludwig wrote:

> $ sudo port -v install ntfs-3g
> --->  Fetching ntfs-3g
> --->  ntfs-3g-1.1120.tgz doesn't seem to exist in
> /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/ntfs-3g
> --->  Attempting to fetch ntfs-3g-1.1120.tgz from http://
> www.ntfs-3g.org/
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--     0
> --->  Attempting to fetch ntfs-3g-1.1120.tgz from
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/ntfs-3g
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--     0
> --->  Attempting to fetch ntfs-3g-1.1120.tgz from
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--     0
> --->  Attempting to fetch ntfs-3g-1.1120.tgz from
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/ntfs-3g
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--     0
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for ntfs-3g):
> org.macports.activate org.macports.fetch org.macports.extract
> org.macports.checksum org.macports.patch org.macports.configure
> org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
>

> I can't find the source for that version anywhere; does anyone know
> where to get it?

If Googling "ntfs-3g-1.1120.tgz" doesn't locate it for you, then I
don't know. If you can find it, you can drop it in /opt/local/var/
macports/distfiles/ntfs-3g and MacPorts will use it, provided it's
the correct file.

> Someone's deleted the files from
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports/
> fuse/ntfs-3g
> too.

Well, the files were never there. MacPorts just looks in the
repository as a backup for all ports, but most ports do not have
copies of their distfiles in the MacPorts repository, because there's
usually no need to have them there, and the MacPorts project is not
in the business of providing a general distfile mirror.

> Alternatively, could the port be updated to the current version
> (1.2216)?

I filed a ticket for you:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14435

In the future, please file tickets yourself. Thanks.