MacPorts caching of distfiles [was Re: ntfs-3g 1.1120 source missing]

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sun Feb 24 23:49:05 PST 2008

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I fail to understand this stubborn insistence on date stamp and group
> information for files which are simply not meant to be user visible.
> There is no group information you need to see on the distfile mirror
> because you won't be managing the distfile mirror.

I worked around the issue on Tiger now, so the --remote-time option
is now available there too - if wanted, it goes into portfetch.tcl

Me, I don't really care whether the distfiles mirror dumps all files
in one directory or not, but thought to mirror distfiles directory
was the easiest option and also most straight-forward to implement.
(works for http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/ ?)

But if it's easier to implement and set up a distfiles mirror without
using remotetime and subdirectories, then by all means ignore
either. :-)

--anders