try to install mysql5 + php5 + apache2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 26 17:30:10 PST 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 07:45, js wrote:

>>> The problem is that if you do miss these messages, then you can't
>>> easily resurrect them other than installing the whole lot again.
>>
>> True-ish. Well really you only need to deactivate and active the port
>>  again, since ports print such messages in the post-activate phase.
>>  But users don't know that. You could also read the portfile source
>>  code, but that's not really a clean solution either. Any suggestions
>>  for how we could improve this situation?
>
> How about including some instructions like this in ports and
> install it in /opt/local/share/someplace?
>
> README.macports or something like that.

That would be a possibility. Then the post-activate message could be
reduced to simply referring the user to the text file.

>>  You really have to unload the plist before upgrading the port, then
>>  load the plist after upgrading.
>>
>>  Now that we have "port load" and "port unload" as shortcuts for
>> "sudo
>>  launchctl load" and "sudo launchctl unload", maybe port should
>>  automatically unload a port before deactivating, and then, if the
>>  port was previously loaded, load the port again after activating.
>
> Cool. Will it be in the next version?

"port load" and "port unload" are in trunk and will presumably be in
MacPorts 1.6.1 or 1.7.0. They were ready just before 1.6.0 was
released, but it seemed prudent not to put them into 1.6.0 since they
had not yet been tested at all.

Functionality to automatically unload a port before deactivating, and
last email, so that won't be in anything until someone decides it's a
good idea to implement, and implements it.