Warning: the following items did not execute (for LyX): org.macports.fetch

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Feb 27 09:56:14 PST 2008

On Feb 27, 2008, at 10:18, Charlse Darwin wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Charlse Darwin <macports.users at gmail.com>
>> Date: February 26, 2008 11:35:06 AM EST (CA)
>> To: rsorasen at broadpark.no
>> Subject: Warning: the following items did not execute (for LyX):
>> org.macports.fetch
>>
>> $ sudo port -fvd fetch LyX
>> DEBUG: Found port in file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/
>> rsync.macports.org/release/ports/aqua/LyX
>> DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
>> rsync.macports.org/release/ports/aqua/LyX
>> DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
>> procedure. Target override will not be provided
>> DEBUG: Requested variant powerpc is not provided by port LyX.
>> DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port LyX.
>> DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port LyX.
>> DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.main (LyX)
>> --->  Fetching LyX
>> DEBUG: Executing org.macports.fetch (LyX)
>> --->  lyx-1.4.0pre3.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /opt/local/var/
>> macports/distfiles/LyX
>> --->  Attempting to fetch lyx-1.4.0pre3.tar.gz from ftp://
>> ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/lyx/pre/
>>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
>> Time  Current
>>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
>> Left  Speed
>>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:02
>> --:--:--     0
>> DEBUG: Fetching failed:: FTP: couldn't retrieve (RETR failed) the
>> specified file
>> --->  Attempting to fetch lyx-1.4.0pre3.tar.gz from http://
>> svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/LyX
>>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
>> Time  Current
>>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
>> Left  Speed
>>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
>> --:--:--     0
>> DEBUG: Fetching failed:: HTTP response code said error
>> --->  Attempting to fetch lyx-1.4.0pre3.tar.gz from http://
>> svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
>>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
>> Time  Current
>>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
>> Left  Speed
>>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
>> --:--:--     0
>> DEBUG: Fetching failed:: HTTP response code said error
>> --->  Attempting to fetch lyx-1.4.0pre3.tar.gz from http://
>> svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/LyX
>>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
>> Time  Current
>>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
>> Left  Speed
>>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
>> --:--:--     0
>> DEBUG: Fetching failed:: HTTP response code said error
>> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
> [...]

So LyX won't fetch. This is a bug. Please file it in the issue tracker.

You don't need to send bug reports to this list; you can go straight
to the issue tracker. And it's really better to put them in the issue
tracker, because just reporting them to the list means they can get
forgotten and then never found again. At least in the issue tracker
issues can be found again.

I note that you're forwarding to the list a message you originally
sent to the port maintainer yesterday. Is this because the maintainer
address bounced, or just because you didn't hear back from them?
Please indicate in the ticket that you file.