Kismet on OSX 10.5.1 Leopard

caliel caliel at caliel.no-ip.org
Wed Jan 2 08:56:18 PST 2008

Paul,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I wanted to make sure that the thread
is complete for others who are researching. From the KisMAC faq
(http://kismac.macpirate.ch/wiki/doku.php?id=faq)

-----
If you've updated to OS 10.4.10, you MUST use r239. OS 10.5 (Leopard)
breaks AirPort Extreme passive mode support again, but shouldn't break
support for other devices (USB and PCMCIA).
-----

This is what the Kismet team told me they are also facing.  I assume both
parties are working on the issue, but it seems to be a communication
problem between Apple developers and Kis[Mm]?? developers. Naturally, the
proper solution is to use 1.4.10, then I could use either of them.
Pioneers, as they say, take the arrows :)

--caliel