Activating stalls

Alberto Simões hashashin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:26:54 PST 2008

Hi, Matrix.

On Jan 2, 2008 6:24 PM, Matrix Mole <matrixm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a Leopard and until some time ago, port worked fine. At the
> > moment, I have a problem with activation. I mean, any package compiles
> > correctly, installs on destroot, and everything, but the 'activating'
> > line appears, and no more information is given. It just freezes.

> I would suggest using the -d flag for port (ie, sudo port -d install
> foo) this will give debug information that will be helpful in seeing
> exactly where the error is occurring.

It did not help much :(

[ambs at rachmaninoff ~]$ sudo port -d install ispell
Password:
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/textproc/ispell
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/textproc/ispell
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port ispell.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port ispell.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port ispell.
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.main (ispell)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.fetch (ispell)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.checksum (ispell)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.extract (ispell)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.patch (ispell)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.configure (ispell)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.build (ispell)
DEBUG: Skipping completed org.macports.destroot (ispell)
DEBUG: Skipping org.macports.install (ispell) since this port is
already installed
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.activate (ispell)
--->  Activating ispell 3.3.02_0

Thanks
--
Alberto Simões