Guile 1.8 port and Gnucash

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Jan 5 10:03:34 PST 2008

I discovered that there is a problem with the Guile 1.8 port.  It
includes a patch left over from the 1.6 version which is no longer
relevant (and which causes problems) in version 1.8.  It also fails to
add some symlinks that are needed to make it work with Gnucash.  I've
attached a patch that fixes this (and adds a +debug variant).  With
these changes the current SVN version of Gnucash works with Guile 1.8.
I haven't tried it with the Macports version of Gnucash, but it might
work too.

After applying the Portfile patch, the file patch-slib.scm is no longer
needed and could be deleted.

I'm not currently getting messages from the list since I'm on the road
and trying to cut down on EMail, so reply directly if you need to
contact me about this.

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6