mod_ssl, Apache2 and Leopard with patch -- doesn't work

Guido Soranzio guido.soranzio at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 01:52:19 PST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008, at 10:23 AM, Tabitha McNerney wrote:

> It sounds as if stripping that would would mean that I would not be
> able to use OpenSSL 0.9.7. Hmmm ... that's a bummer.

"-export-symbols-regex" is an option for libtool that limits the
symbols exported by a module.

I don't have yet tested this workaround on apache2, but under Leopard
omitting this option from other troublesome makefiles makes accessible
again the symbols reported as not to find.

Here is a positive report on the "Symbol not found:
_ssl_cmd_SSLCACertificateFile"
error which happens otherwise with the current apache2 port:

<http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Apache2%3A-Default-configuration-does-not-work--p14563107.html