MacPorts 1.6 still supports OS X 10.3 Panther?

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sun Jan 6 21:56:48 PST 2008

Hi Chris, Ryan and Kevin,

On Mon, January 7, 2008 2:39 pm, Chris Janton wrote:

> looks like the latest change has done something.
> I updated the source, etc.
>
> house54 15 # port version
> Version: 1.700
> house54 16 # sudo port install coreutils
> --->  Fetching coreutils
> --->  Attempting to fetch coreutils-6.9.tar.bz2 from http://
> ftp.gnu.org/gnu/coreutils
>
> and it is running now (configuring).

Thanks so much for helping me out with fixing this!  I won't be able to
get to my Panther machine for another day or so, but once I do, I'll
double-check that this fix works for me, and then prep the Panther DMG and
source releases.

Just out of curiosity, Kevin, any idea as to exactly why we were getting
this problem?  I wonder if there was a bug fixed between the tcl on 10.3.9
(which appears to be 8.4.4 [1], Chris can confirm this by running `info
patchlevel` in tclsh) and the tcl on 10.4.11, which is 8.4.7.  )I've
looked briefly at the Tcl Changelog for that period, but it's awfully
long.)

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

[1] http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.3.9/tcl-14/tcl/ChangeLog