"The following install step failed: run postflight script for MacPorts-1.6.0."

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Jan 8 22:16:08 PST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008, at 1:13 AM, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

>>> I wanted to install MacPorts on my Mac - MacPro with Leopard,
>>> latest version. But, while using the disk image, the installation
>>> finished with this message: "The following install step failed:
>>> run postflight script for MacPorts-1.6.0."
>>>
>>> Can anyone let me know what I should do?
>>
>> I'm not sure...
>>
>> Were you using the correct disk image? the one whose name is
>> MacPorts-1.6.0-10.5-Leopard.dmg?
>>
>> If so, can you just try installing it again, see if it works now?
>
> Yep, was the right disk image. Downloaded it again and installed it.
> But same message....

	I wrote the postflight script so I should chime in. Can you please
try grepping through /var/log/install* files to see if there are any
relevant messages there about the failure?

	On a similar note, are you experiencing any problems with your
MacPorts usage? Was your terminal environment set up correctly by the
installer?

	Regards,....

-jmpp