10.5 and $PATH variable

Patrick Burleson pburleson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:02:33 PST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 3:58 PM, Matrix Mole <matrixm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just obtained a new mac mini today with Leopard installed on it. Since
> this is my first experience with 10.5, I'm still learning some things.
> One of the first things I did though was to install macports. After the
> installation, I noticed that the .profile file wasn't modified to
> include /opt/local/bin and /opt/local/sbin like my 10.4 version was.

Just to let you know, a few of us have noticed this. It's been reported here:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13742

I haven't had time to try the requested operation, but for anyone who
can, I think the feedback will help determine why MacPorts 1.6 is
behaving this way on 10.5 installs.

Patrick