"The following install step failed: run postflight script for MacPorts-1.6.0."

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Wed Jan 9 22:52:10 PST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008, at 2:02 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2008, at 00:12, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>
>> This is already fixed and will be in the next MacPorts pkg
>> installer, whenever that comes around (I'll think about re-
>> releasing the 1.6.0 installers with an improved script, but at the
>> moment I have no final word on that).
>
> You're not contemplating a stealth upgrade, are you? That thing we
> hate other software developers for doing? :-) If there is a problem
> in the disk images and we need to rebuild them, then the version
> number of such new images should be no less than 1.6.1.

	Thankfully, most of the problems that have crept up only affect
Panther, which is a small audience. All of them have been fixed
already so I'm preparing a 1.6.1 release, off which I'm planning to
rebuild the dmg's. So, in short: no, it wouldn't be a stealth update,
not-while-I'm-around-days ;-)

	In any case, I have to think a bit more about it and consider other
possible failures (mostly of the postflight script) in order to fix
them before the bite us in round 2... but one thing I definitely need
to do is think about this entire business once I get my sanity back
after some much needed sleep!

	Regards,...

-jmpp