perl-5.8.8.tar.bz2 checksum mismatch

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 12 21:15:28 PST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008, at 22:55, brian hunter wrote:

> Help! Anyone know how to get around this? This is after I manually
> downloaded the archive and stuck it in /opt/local/var/macports/
> distfiles/perl5.8/  because I was getting the 'fetch failed' error.
> Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb.

Then probably the archive you fetched is not the one the maintainer
of the port was expecting to find. Your archive probably differs in
subtle (or possible non-subtle) ways from the correct archive. Where
did you get it from?

I too get a fetch error for perl5.8. It seems many files are missing
from the CPAN server. I'll file a ticket and see what I can do about it:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13903