[macports] The teTeX package should be phased out

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 13:05:57 PST 2008

I've created a ticket [1] requesting TeXmacs' dependency be updated
from teTeX to texLive. But in light of recent emails to the list about
teTeX failing to build on Leopard (which I hope to be running soon), I
think the teTeX port itself should be reconsidered. It is no longer
being maintained upstream, and new releases have been discontinued
since May 2006. The author of teTeX even suggests that users move on
to using texLive. So I think it would be wise to evaluate the
inclusion of, and dependencies on, teTeX.

[1] -- http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13911

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/