sqlite3 update problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 13 22:15:49 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008, at 20:33, Jay Sachs wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2008, at 7:11 PM, Garrett Reid wrote:
>
>> Other ports seem to depend on it, do I need to delete them too?
>
> If you can afford the time, yes. Just to be clear, I haven't tested
> this, it's just something that worked in the past when I ran into
> problems upgrading sqlite3. I did just install it successfully, so
> I know it builds.
>
>>> [myhost:~] garrett$ sudo port uninstall sqlite3
>>> --->  The following versions of sqlite3 are currently installed:
>>> --->  	sqlite3 @3.3.15_0+darwin_8
>>> --->  	sqlite3 @3.3.16_0+darwin_8
>>> --->  	sqlite3 @3.3.17_0+darwin_8
>>> --->  	sqlite3 @3.4.1_0+darwin_8
>>> --->  	sqlite3 @3.5.1_0+darwin_8
>>> --->  	sqlite3 @3.5.2_0+darwin_8
>>> --->  	sqlite3 @3.5.3_1+darwin_8 (active)
>>> Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Please specify the
>>> full version as recorded in the port registry.
>>> [myhost:~] garrett$ sudo port uninstall sqlite3 @3.5.3_1+darwin_8
>>> --->  Unable to uninstall sqlite3 3.3.15_0+darwin_8, the
>>> following ports depend on it:
>>> --->  	apr-util
>>> --->  	apr-util
>>> --->  	apr-util
>>> Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that
>>> depend on sqlite3 first.
>>
>> Or am I going about this wrong?
>> Sorry for being so helpless, I'll get macports figured eventually :P
>
> Just need to "force" the uninstall, with the "-f" flag.

To be more clear: Garret: No, you do not need to uninstall the ports
that depend on sqlite3. You can, but you most likely don't have to.
Just forcibly uninstall all versions of sqlite3. Then install
sqlite3. Run these commands:

sudo port -f uninstall sqlite3 @3.3.15_0+darwin_8
sudo port -f uninstall sqlite3 @3.3.16_0+darwin_8
sudo port -f uninstall sqlite3 @3.3.17_0+darwin_8