newbie help wanted with installing/using netpbm through macports

Matt mattness at mac.com
Tue Jan 15 18:06:43 PST 2008

Hmmm....

So I got the ppmtomd port installed, but it creates a unix executable,
not a ppd.

Because the filetype was listed as type: Filter on the source page

http://www.openprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=ppmtomd&fromprinter=Alps-MD-1000

I tried putting a copy of the executable in with the /usr/libexec/cups/
filters

It doesn't allow me to select it as a printer though...

I don't suppose you know how to go about making a ppd out of it...

-Matt