How to Get Mac Apps on the Mac OS X Dock?

Jeffrey Thompson jthompsonic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:13:00 PST 2008

No the gimp executable is in /opt/local/bin/gimp.

This solution** works pretty well except the shell command is: "do shell
script "/opt/local/bin/gimp".  I haven't figured out how to compile the
script yet but when I click the Run button it does open Gimp.  So I
would think somehow I create a Mac-recognized application, drop that in
the /Applications folder and then drag that onto the Doc.

**http://www.nabble.com/How-to-Get-Mac-Apps-on-the-Mac-OS-X-Dock--to14883507.html