xsane build errors

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 21 11:19:38 PST 2008

On Jan 20, 2008, at 11:28, John Gorst wrote:

> Mac os x 10.1, xcode from install DVD, Intel MacBook Pro
> john-gorsts-macbook-pro-15:~ john$ uname -a
> Darwin john-gorsts-macbook-pro-15.local 9.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version
> 9.1.0: Wed Oct 31 17:46:22 PDT 2007; root:xnu-1228.0.2~1/
> RELEASE_I386 i386
> john-gorsts-macbook-pro-15:~ john$ sw_vers
> ProductName:	Mac OS X
> ProductVersion:	10.5.1
> BuildVersion:	9B18
>

> Hi there,
>
> Having problems installing xsane. I may be doing something stupid
> as I am new to macports, but can't work our what!

Welcome to MacPorts! Sorry you're having trouble; let's see what we
can do.

> I am getting the following error messages after a lengthy build
> process.....
>
> john-gorsts-macbook-pro-15:~ john$ sudo port install xsane
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gettext ncurses
> ncursesw gawk gimp2 libexif libgnomeui gnome-keyring glib2 gtk2 atk
> gtk-doc scrollkeeper pango libgcrypt libgpg-error libbonoboui dbus
> xmlto getopt dbus-glib gconf orbit2 libidl gnome-vfs gnome-mime-
> data neon libbonobo popt libglade2 libgnome libgnomecanvas gail
> libgtkhtml libmng autoconf help2man p5-locale-gettext automake
> librsvg libcroco libgsf poppler py25-gtk py25-cairo py25-numeric
> python25 py25-gobject
>
>  Here is the debug log entry for one of the missing dependancies.
>
> DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port gnome-keyring.
> DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port gnome-keyring.
> DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port gnome-keyring.
>
> Many thanks for any help!

You haven't shown us the relevant information. Which of the
dependencies failed to build, and why? I suppose maybe it was gnome-
keyring, but the DEBUG messages you showed us from gnome-keyring are
normal status messages, not errors. (Not all ports provide the
variants "darwin", "i386", "macosx", and so forth, but if those
variants exist, MacPorts uses them. MacPorts is just telling you that
gnome-keyring doesn't have these variants. It's not a problem.)

Show us the actual error message you get when installing xsane. Or is
it one of the existing tickets we have for gnome-keyring?

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/query?
status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&summary=%7Egnome-
keyring&order=priority