qt build failure due to libmng build failure

Ludwig im.not.using.any.numbers at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 13:39:44 PST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 1:00 PM, Jochen Küpper <jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de> wrote:
> On 21.01.2008, at 21:37, Ludwig wrote:
>
> > qt3-mac and qt4-mac both have deps on libmng with no variants omitting
> > it, even though it's just animated PNG support.
>
> Well, it's a tiny library which uses 1 MB disk space...
>
> > --->  Fetching libmng
> > --->  Verifying checksum(s) for libmng
> > --->  Checksumming libmng-1.0.9.tar.gz
> > --->  Extracting libmng
> > --->  Extracting libmng-1.0.9.tar.gz
> > --->  Configuring libmng
> > /opt/local/share/aclocal/xmms.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition
> > of XMMS_TEST_VERSION
> > /opt/local/share/aclocal/xmms.m4:17:   run info '(automake)Extending
> > aclocal'
> > /opt/local/share/aclocal/xmms.m4:17:   or see
> > http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
> > /opt/local/bin/gm4:configure.in:193: recursion limit of 1024 exceeded,
> > use -L<N> to change it
> > autom4te: /opt/local/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1
> > aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
> > autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
>

> This looks like a problem with the xmms port, which you apparently
> have installed...
> Uninstall xmms and try again. If that helps, please report it as a bug
> against xmms in trac.

Uninstalled xmms and tried again, and got a very similar error but with smpeg:

Command output: /opt/local/share/aclocal/smpeg.m4:13: warning:
underquoted definition of AM_PATH_SMPEG

Uninstalled smpeg, tried again, and got the error for libmikmod.
Uninstalled that and got the error for gtk.  Uninstalled gtk1 and got
the error for glib.  Uninstalled glib1, error for audiofile.  If I
kept up I'd wind up uninstalling the entire ports tree.  Uninstalled
automake and tried to install libmng, libmng has a build dep on
automake and reinstalls it before throwing the same error as before.