Checksum failure with ncbi-tools, then missing getfeat.

Michael Thon mike.thon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:58:59 PST 2008

Hi Matt - Thanks for letting me know about the outdated port.  I'm
updating it now and I should be able to submit it to trak later
today.  When it appears in the repository, i'd appreciate it if you
test it and give me some feedback.  This port is a 'work in
progress'.  I haven't tested all the applications it installs, so I
don't know if they all work (the ones I use work though).

Regarding the versioning, when the authors of ncbi_tools update their
package, the replace the current tarball on their ftp site with the
new one and there is no version number in the filename or path, so the
only (easiest?) way to know that its updated is to download it and
checksum it.  If I was a good port maintainer I would check my ports
periodically and submit updates before anyone else, like you,
discovers that they're broken :)
cheers
Mike