Checksum failure with ncbi-tools, then missing getfeat.

Michael Thon mike.thon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 22:46:04 PST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008, at 5:28 PM, Matt Scilipoti wrote:

> It would be nice if we listed which apps are tested.  I expect this
> would go in http://ncbi_tools.darwinports.com/ and possibly the
> portfile?  It looks like we don't have access to any of the readme
> files.
I have considered making a general info web page about some of the
science ports in MacPorts, but I haven't had time to do so.  There are
man pages for the applications in this package, but, like most command
line apps, unless you know the name of the executable, you don't know
which man page to read.  There is some additional documentation in
text files that currently are not installed.  I'll try to fix that
with the next update of the port.

some of the applications in this package require a few env variables
to be set, and as far as I know, the macports system cannot do that.
I don't know what's the best way to deal with that - perhaps an
informational message thats printed at the end of the install?