gnumeric build issues again

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jan 24 22:53:17 PST 2008

> On Jan 24, 2008, at 11:32, James Sumners wrote:

>>> Nope, it is not an installation from a previous laptop.  It is the
>>> original installation on the MacBook Pro from a when MacPorts
>>> 1.6.0 came
>>> out.  Is there any other way other un-installing  or deleting the
>>> original MacPorts to fix this problem?
>>
>> I think I might have misread the error output. Looking at it again, I
>> think the port you are trying to install thinks you are trying to
>> build it for PPC instead of Intel. So the libraries are for an Intel
>> machine but port wants to build a PPC Gnumeric. Try installing the
>> universal variant for Gnumeric?

Installing the universal variant of gnumeric will surely fail unless
you have already compiled all gnumeric's dependencies as universal.

No port should need to be built universal in order to function
properly. Its default installation should work properly in virtually
all cases.

On Jan 24, 2008, at 11:35, Michael J. Vollinger wrote:

> I am using Porticus as the GUI if that makes any difference.  The only
> choice that Porticus gives me for the platform is Universal.

I'm not familiar with Porticus.

Are you selecting the universal option? If so, do you need to be
selecting that option? That is, do you intend to use your installed
ports on both a PowerPC Mac and an Intel Mac? If not, you don't need
the universal variant.

Just to make sure the files already on your hard drive are of the
correct architecture, can you show us the output of these commands?
You can just copy and paste them all at once into the Terminal:

file -L /opt/local/lib/libatk-1.0.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libcairo.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libexpat.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libfontconfig.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libglade-2.0.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libglib-2.0.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libgmodule-2.0.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libpango-1.0.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libpng12.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libtiff.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
file -L /opt/local/lib/libxml2.dylib