ANN: PortAuthority 2.5 released

David L Ballenger dlb at davidlballenger.com
Fri Jan 25 13:10:38 PST 2008

I'm also having trouble with the download of PortAuthority, at least
with Safari.  This is on a MacBook Pro with 10.5.1.

If I download with Safari, I get PortAuthority.dmg.bz2.  If I double
click on that file in the Finder I get a PortAuthority.dmg.bz2.cpgz
file.

Running bunzip2 -t on PortAuthority.dmg.bz2 gives:

bunzip2: PortAuthority.dmg.bz2: trailing garbage after EOF ignored

If I then do bunzip2 -d it gives the same error message but produces
a .dmg. However, trying to mount the .dmg gives a no mountable file
system error message.

Changing the setting of Safari preference "Open safe files after
downloading" didn't seem to have an effect on this.

However, if I download it with Firefox I get a mountable .dmg file
with a usable PortAuthrority.

	-David