[!SPAM?:XXXII] Re: matplotlib: no interactive backends appear to work

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Sat Jan 26 13:04:38 PST 2008

On 26.01.2008, at 18:29, John Owens wrote:

> In macports, matplotlib is not working quite like I'd like.

[...]

Hi John,

this looks like a heroic effort, but I agree that these things should
work;)

Then GTKagg works for me with python25, at least mostly.

I used to have a plain GTK with python24 and at that time it simply
worked.

Now I have python25 and gtk2 (with variant quartz) installed and
GTKagg essentially works, although the rubberband for zooming is iffy
and similar glitches occur. On rubberband usage I get the following
messages in the terminal: