Fetch Question

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 29 06:37:47 PST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008, at 23:14, George A. Dowding wrote:

> I am trying to create a Portfile for kohana. It distribution
> mechanism is a web form that builds a bundle at download time.
>
> How best to tell mac ports to download the distribution by using
> this url?
> http://kohanaphp.com/download.html?group=standard&languages%5Ben_US%
> 5D=en_US&format=zip

Nothing comes to mind, unfortunately. I can't think of a way to
coerce the MacPorts fetch code into downloading from that kind of a
URL. You might have to write your own fetch procedure, and that could
be messy.

Could you try instead to encourage the developers of kohana to offer
a more normal download location? They can still drive it through a
script if they like; they just get the parameters from $_SERVER
['PATH_INFO'] instead of from $_GET. For example:

download.php/standard/en_US/Kohana_v2.0_2007-11-20.zip