Installation Issues

Suresh Pillai stochashtic at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 29 08:11:43 PST 2008

I just installed

macports 1.6

on my macbook pro running

osx 10.5/leopard
xcode 3.0
xquartz 2.1.3

It took forever, which i confirmed to be due to long time rsync'ing the
tree.  It finally said installation successful, but when I went to

sudo port

it couldn't find port.  So I checked and there was no

.profile

created by the installation script.  I added the path manually, but I am
concerned that other things may have been missed by the script??
Specifically, is there anything else in the .profile that should have
been created. I just installed 'unrar' fine ...

Thanks