Installing PHP5: "Error, SSL/TLS libraries were missing or unusable"

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Wed Jan 30 00:28:19 PST 2008

Hi there,

I did a successful install like this:

	sudo port install php5 +apache2 +mysql5 +server

Now, I discovered that php5 wasn't configured with postgres, that's
why I wanted to repeat the process, this time using the postgres
variant.

So, I did an uninstall and clean of php5, mysql5 and apache2, and
entered this:

	sudo port install php5 +postgresql +pear +universal +macosx +apache2
+mysql5 +server

But then I received the following error message:

checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
OK
checking openssl/engine.h usability... yes
checking openssl/engine.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/engine.h... yes
checking for SSLeay_version in -lcrypto... no
checking for SSL_CTX_new in -lssl... no
checking for ENGINE_init... no
checking for ENGINE_load_builtin_engines... no
checking for SSL_set_cert_store... no
configure: error: ... Error, SSL/TLS libraries were missing or unusable

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: apache2

What does that mean? What can I do?

Thanks for any hints,

Stef

   Lean Back and Relax - Enjoy some Nature Photography
   http://photoblog.la-famille-schwarzer.de

   Appetite for Global Data? UNEP GEO Data Portal:
   http://geodata.grid.unep.ch