qt4-mac build fails in quicktimevideoplayer.cpp

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Jul 1 04:29:20 PDT 2008

Olivier Croquette wrote:
> Rainer Müller wrote, On 1/07/08 13:11:
>>> I have opened a bug report at Trolltech, but I would be glad to know
>>> if someone knows more about this!
>>> Has anyone build qt4-mac v4.4.0 successfully so far?
>> Yes, I installed it successfully a few days ago.
>> Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard on Intel
>
> Strange. I am on Intel too. What version of XCode do you have?

Xcode 3.0, but this is on Leopard. Seems like you are on Tiger.

 > [...]
> Do you also have the offending line at quicktimevideoplayer.cpp:123 ?
>
> err = CGLChoosePixelFormat(pfa, &cglPixelFormat, &attributeCount);

Yes. The code causing the error is only a few lines above:

   #if MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED >= MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_5
           GLint attributeCount = 2;
   #else
           long attributeCount = 2;
   #endif

It uses GLint on Leopard, but long on lower versions (like Tiger). But
from your error message in the first mail we see that
CGLChoosePixelFormat() expects GLint as third parameter.

This is definitely a bug in Qt4.

Rainer