qt4-mac build fails in quicktimevideoplayer.cpp

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 2 11:51:57 PDT 2008

On Jul 2, 2008, at 13:23, Olivier Croquette wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote, On 2/07/08 2:04:
>
>> Olivier, to test this, could you please add these lines to the end
>> of  the qt4-mac portfile and see if it fixes the problem for you?
>
> I will try it ASAP.
>
> In the meantime, here is Trolltech's answer:
>
> # BEGIN
> We are aware of this problem. Unfortunately this issue is on the SDK
> from Apple where somehow it had to do with mixing up the headers on
> some tiger machines.
> You can try to build against the 10.4u SDK and that should build just
> fine or simply cast the variable to correct type on your machine.
>
> # END
>
> I am not sure what he means by "10.4u" though.

The 10.4u SDK is located at /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk. The "u"
stands for Universal. MacPorts uses this SDK when you request the
+universal variant of a port. Well, it does on Tiger anyway. On
Leopard, it uses the 10.5 SDK. If you build MacPorts from trunk, you
can specify which SDK you want to use in the macports.conf. These
SDKs should only be necessary when building universal, however, and
building universal should not be required for most ports. Before we
try to mess with any of that, please try just setting the
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET variable in the portfile.