fetch failed: tclsqlite2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jul 4 09:24:44 PDT 2008

On Jul 2, 2008, at 13:12, Will St. Clair wrote:

> Having issues fetching tclsqlite2 on a PPC mac running 10.5.2
> (Kickin' it old-school.)
>
> Obligatory system information:
>
> Willpower:~ will$ uname -a
> Darwin Willpower 9.2.2 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.2: Tue Mar  4
> 21:23:43 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.4.31~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
>
> Willpower:~ will$ sw_vers
> ProductName:	Mac OS X
> ProductVersion:	10.5.2
> BuildVersion:	9C7010
>
> I tried the hack on the hotlist page but still no dice:
>
> Willpower:~ will$ sudo env MASTER_SITE_LOCAL=http://
> distfiles.macports.org/tclsqlite2 port -v fetch tclsqlite2
> --->  Fetching tclsqlite2
> --->  sqlite.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /opt/local/var/
> macports/distfiles/sqlite2
> --->  Attempting to fetch sqlite.tar.gz from http://
> distfiles.macports.org/tclsqlite2
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--     0
> --->  Attempting to fetch sqlite.tar.gz from http://www.sqlite.org/
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--     0
> --->  Attempting to fetch sqlite.tar.gz from http://
> svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/tclsqlite2
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--     0
> --->  Attempting to fetch sqlite.tar.gz from http://
> svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--     0
> --->  Attempting to fetch sqlite.tar.gz from http://
> svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/tclsqlite2
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--     0
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for tclsqlite2):
> org.macports.fetch
>
> Any ideas? Tearing my hair out here. tk, tcl, tcllib, sqlite3 are
> all already installed.

tclsqlite2 is for sqlite2. That may not be so useful anymore, even if
we could find the old distfile somewhere. The current version of
tclsqlite available on www.sqlite.org is 3.5.9. Maybe we should
retire the tclsqlite2 port (no other ports seem to use it) and make a
new tclsqlite3 port. Could you file a ticket for that request? Maybe
Cc mww on the ticket, since he maintains sqlite3 and made tclsqlite2.