Bug with multiple port: dependencies in depends_lib ?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jul 7 12:08:56 PDT 2008

On Jul 7, 2008, at 13:52, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Jul 3, 2008, at 6:33 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> jmpp wanted to prepare a new release in April, but then suddenly
>> disappeared.
>
> Should we just create a new 1.7.0 release branch based off of the
> current trunk and get it ready for release?

Before we create any branch we should make sure all changes from the
1.6 branch have been merged into trunk.

Then someone should create some disk images for 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5
so we can be sure that works. Then we should be sure to test them on
all 5 OS/arch combinations.

We could create a 1.7 branch before creating the disk images if
someone wanted to take charge of merging changes from trunk as
needed. I haven't familiarized myself with svnmerge.py or the
Subversion 1.5 merge mechanism yet.