php5 5.2.5 -> 5.2.6 upgrade fails ?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jul 7 19:08:18 PDT 2008

On Jul 7, 2008, at 16:27, Bill Hernandez wrote:

> SUCCESS...
>
> Upgrading failed using clean, upgrade until finally, I tried
> deactivate manually, followed by clean, install and it worked...
>
> I know my stuff is usually lengthy, and I apologize for that, but its
> meant for the non-experts that might run into similar problems.
>
> THANKS very much to all who took the time to respond.
>
> Bill Hernandez
> Plano, Texas
> # --------------------------------------------------
> # THESE DID NOT WORK FOR ME
> # --------------------------------------------------
> $ sudo port upgrade sqlite3
>
> $ sudo port clean --work sqlite3
> $ sudo port -d install sqlite3
> ---> DEBUG: Executing org.macports.activate (sqlite3)
> --->  Activating sqlite3 3.5.9_0
> ---> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
> Another version of this port (sqlite3 @3.5.8_0) is already active.
> ---> Warning: the following items did not execute (for sqlite3):
> org.macports.activate
> ---> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

Ok, sorry, I forgot you were upgrading ports and not installing them
initially. So you should have then used "sudo port upgrade sqlite3".
Or, when using "sudo port install sqlite3" when sqlite3 is already
installed, you will get the message above, and then you can "sudo
port deactivate sqlite3 @3.5.8_0" and then "sudo port activate
sqlite3 @3.5.9_0".