port install php5 fails on Leopard 10.5.4

kentozier at comcast.net kentozier at comcast.net
Thu Jul 10 17:35:25 PDT 2008

From: Mark Hattam <mark at dxradio.demon.co.uk>
> Looks like MySQL 5.0.51b to me ... which is the current GA (Generally
> Available) release
>
> http://dev.mysql,com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html
>
> I'm sure than when version 5.1 emerges from being a "Release
> Candidate" to being the GA release, then the MySQL5 port will be
> updated to use this source instead.
>
> Mark

So it is. My mistake. I've been developing with 5.1 without reading the fine print so I thought that was the most recent GA

Well I finally got everything to compile but now have run into the problem that PHP isn't running. I restarted the system but just see the following "phpinfo.php" script source from a browser.

<?php
	phpinfo();
?>

I know how to activate the default Leopard PHP by opening the /private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf file and uncommenting

#LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache2/libphp5.so

but MacPorts seems to blaze it's own trail regarding file layout/install locations so how do I get Apache to use my newly compiled PHP?