Help resolving dependencies (perl script)

walts walts at gate.net
Sat Jul 12 06:17:41 PDT 2008

I'm trying to get a perl script that I downloaded from a source outside of
MacPorts, and I need help resolving dependencies.  For example, the script
has

use Compress::Zlib;

Using spotlight I found zlib buried deeply within MacPorts, but only the
folder zlib (lower case "z") containing a Portfile and a folder marked
"files".

How do I need to modify the script to use the zlib in MacPorts - or am I
completely up the wrong tree here?

Of course there are several other dependencies in the script - this is just
the first one.

Walt

-----
MacBook Pro (Intel) with 2GB RAM