Deleting /opt and Porticus

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Mon Jul 14 05:11:04 PDT 2008

Jerry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just deleted /opt in the hopes of starting over fresh with better
> results. (I had some problems before.) Now, however, Porticus seems
> to indicate that all of the stuff is still there even though I know
> it isn't. Selecting one or more items in Porticus' list and doing
> Uninstall or Clean doesn't seem to result in anything happening even
> though the log shows that the commands are being run.
>
> Where does Porticus store its information that is causing it to not
> notice that I've delete /opt? Is there a "refresh" command for Porticus?
>
> Jerry

I'm not an expert on Porticus, but there is a "Reload Ports" command in
the "Ports" menu--can you try that? I think Porticus uses CoreData to
store its MacPorts data, and doesn't automatically query MacPorts for
the latest port listings. The drawback to this is that it can get out of
sync, as you've noticed.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin