Installation of git fail with rsync checksum mismatch

David Arve dave.cocoa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 07:44:06 PDT 2008

Hi,

As I'm new to the list I must first apologise for any newbie mistakes
(like not finding previous post on this topic).

I have just installed macports. I had the same problem as others that
the .profile file is not generated, but that was no problem to do
myself.

I then try to install git-core which fails when trying to fetch rsync.

--->  Fetching rsync
--->  Attempting to fetch fileflags.diff from http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/patches/
--->  Attempting to fetch crtimes.diff from http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/patches/
--->  Attempting to fetch rsync-3.0.3.tar.gz from http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for rsync
Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for fileflags.diff
Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for fileflags.diff
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for fileflags.diff
Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for crtimes.diff
Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for crtimes.diff
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for crtimes.diff
Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
checksums

I have tried to install git through macports both on a iMac and a
macbook pro both running Mac OS X 10.5.4 both failing with the same
error.

How do I solve this problem, or where do I find information on how to
solve it?

Thank you very much,

David