Installation of git fail with rsync checksum mismatch

David Arve dave.cocoa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 00:26:15 PDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks that works fine. I didn't try that I reinstalled macports a
couple of times instead as it on the homepage says:

"The MacPorts “selfupdate” command will also be run for you by the
installer to ensure you have our latest available release and the
latest revisions to the “Portfiles” that contain the instructions
employed in the building and installation of ports."

I'm also confused by the selfupdate output:

MacPorts base version 1.600 installed

Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.600

The MacPorts installation is not outdated and so was not updated
selfupdate done!

So selfupdate says it didn't do anything but obviously it did as rsync
now doesn't fail on either of my machines.

Again, thanks for your help.

/David