error when installing rsync fetch failed

Ben Aurel ben.aurel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 07:53:52 PDT 2008

thanks for the tipp. I tried "sudo port update" (as in apt-get on linux)
but that didn't work. So why not call the option "update" instead of
"sync"? Just an idea :-)

Now I have anther problem

$ sudo port uninstall rsync
--->  Deactivating rsync 3.0.2_0
--->  Uninstalling rsync 3.0.2_0
dumbledore ~ $ sudo port sync
port sync failed: Synchronization the local ports tree failed doing rsync

hmmm...