libtiff problems?

Jodi Sekula jaycee102 at ymail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:59:41 PDT 2008

Hello,

I've recently upgraded to Tiger and installed MacPorts
for the first time.  I seem to be having difficulties running programs
that use libtiff from the terminal.  Specifically, I have tried
installing both xemacs and ImageMagick through macports.  I did not
notice any errors or problems with the installation.  However, when
trying to run either of these programs, I get the following error
message.

dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_TIFFClientOpen

Referenced from:
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
  Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libtiff.3.dylib

Trace/BPT trap

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Jodi