more woes with php 5.2.6

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jul 26 17:39:00 PDT 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 04:34, Mark Hattam wrote:

>> What got put into /opt/local/man? There should be no destroot
>> violation in this port. What does "port contents libxml2" say?
>>
>> Your system seems to be building libxml2 very differently from mine.
>> And I don't yet know why.
>>
>> Do you have anything in /usr/local or /sw which might be
>> interfering? Have you set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH or
>> DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH variables to some value? (When you do
>> "echo $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" or "echo $DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH" is
>> it non-empty?)
>>
>> Try uninstalling and rebuilding, this time capturing the debug info
>> and the config.log and sending those to me. Do:
>>
>> sudo port -f uninstall libxml2 @2.6.32_1
>> sudo port -d destroot libxml2 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/libxml2.txt
>> cp `port dir libxml2`/work/libxml2-2.6.32/config.log ~/Desktop
>> sudo port install libxml2
>>
>> Then send me config.log and libxml2.txt from your Desktop. I can
>> compare these with what my system produces and hopefully spot the
>> problem.
>

> Looking at /opt/local/man, the items with a Jun26 02:04 timestamp
> seem to be
> drwxr-xr-x    199 root      admin   6766 Jul 26 02:04 man1
> drwxr-xr-x   1894 root      admin  64396 Jul 26 02:04 man3
> drwxr-xr-x     12 root      admin    408 Jun 28 02:04 man5
>
> man1 seems to have these
> -r--r--r--     2 root      admin    625 Jun 28 02:04 svn.1.gz
> -r--r--r--     2 root      admin    645 Jun 28 02:04 svnadmin.1.gz
> -r--r--r--     2 root      admin    648 Jun 28 02:04 svndumpfilter.
> 1.gz
> -r--r--r--     2 root      admin    642 Jun 28 02:04 svnlook.1.gz
> -r--r--r--     2 root      admin    644 Jun 28 02:04 svnsync.1.gz
> -r--r--r--     2 root      admin    652 Jun 28 02:04 svnversion.1.gz

svn should not be installing things into /opt/local/man either. Both
of these ports install manpages into /opt/local/share/man on my
system like they should.

On your system is /opt/local/man a symlink pointing to /opt/local/
share/man
Or is /opt/local/share/man a symlink pointing to /opt/local/man
Or are both of these regular directories?

> the -d destroot log and the config.log I'll send to you personally
> rather than bog down the list.

Since 2.6.32_1, libxml2 runs autoreconf to regenerate the configure
script. I see on your system this was done with autoconf 2.59 but on
mine it was done with autoconf 2.62. I don't even know how that's
possible; after deactivating the autoconf port libxml2 won't even
begin running autoconf, complaining about items in ${prefix}/share/
aclocal, and if I move those aside, then it still says "error:
Autoconf version 2.60 or higher is required".

So either you have not installed the autoconf port or you have
installed an older version of the autoconf port or your autoconf port
is deactivated. I would expect the autoconf port to be installed on
your system, since libxml2 declares a build dependency on libtool
which has a build dependency on automake which has a build dependency
on autoconf.

Do you have the autoconf port installed? If not, install it (sudo
port install autoconf)
Is the autoconf port active? If not, activate it (sudo port activate
autoconf)
Is the autoconf port at version 2.62? If not, upgrade it (sudo port
sync && sudo port upgrade autoconf) and also upgrade any other ports
shown by "port outdated"

Then "sudo port clean --work libxml2" and "sudo port install libxml2"
and see if we're better. If so, then adding a build dependency on
autoconf to the libxml2 port and incrementing its revision will be
the solution.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15750