Perl 5.8 build failing

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 29 21:26:08 PDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 18:47, Steven Scholnick wrote:

>> I'm getting the same error trying the 5.10 install.
>>   Can't find 'boot_File__Glob' symbol in lib/auto/File/Glob/
>> Glob.bundle at
>> lib/File/Glob.pm line 96
>>

>> Verifed the file was there and the symbol was present:
>> [xserve1:/opt/local] randy% grep boot_File__Glob
>>  /opt/local/var/macports/build/
>> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang
>> _perl5.10/work/perl-5.10.0/lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.bundle
>> Binary file
>> /opt/local/var/macports/build/
>> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang
>> _perl5.10/work/perl-5.10.0/lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.bundle
>> matches
>>
>> Guess no one's got a fix yet?
>
> No fix.  Last I heard someone was looking at it.  They've changed the
> port files a couple of times: an upgrade tried to recompile Perl.  But
> no luck.

I don't know that anyone is looking at it, until we get more
information. For example, I cannot reproduce the problem on my system
so I cannot speculate about a fix. Take a look at the ticket and see
if you can provide any more information, any hint about what might be
different between your system and everyone else's where perl is
installing just fine. For example, do you have anything in /usr/
local, which often causes problems for MacPorts?

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/13720