more woes with php 5.2.6

Mark Hattam mark at dxradio.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 16:30:16 PDT 2008

Hi Ryan

Tried today to build it all from scratch ...

I moved /opt to /opt_old

Downloaded and installed MacPorts 1.6.pkg (previously I'd had 1.6 but
via upgrading it from 1.4)

Did a self-update

Installed MySQL5 +server ... no problem
sudo port install MySQL5 +server

Installed Apache2 ... no problem
sudo port install Apache2

But when I got to
sudo port install  php5 +apache2+macosx+mysql5
  ... it started off fine. I noticed that it put in autoconf 2.62 and
Perl 5.8 automatically, whereas I'd had to manually put in autoconf
following your advice.

However it's just failed at this point (which is about 12 hours after
I started all this today)

--->  Attempting to fetch gd-2.0.35.tar.bz2 from http://www.libgd.org/releases/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for gd2
--->  Extracting gd2
--->  Applying patches to gd2
--->  Configuring gd2
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: shell command "cd
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_gd2/work/gd-2.0.35
&& autoreconf" returned error 1
Command output: aclocal: configure.ac: 64: macro `AM_ICONV' not found
in library
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gd2 libmcrypt
libxml2 libtool automake libxslt mhash tiff

Mark