compilation of `hydra' failed

Matrix Mole matrixm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:53:15 PDT 2008

(sorry forgot to Reply-to-all on the original message to include the
mailing list)

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Joerg van den Hoff
<j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de> wrote:
>> Also, be sure to run a port sync to get the most recent version of the
>> port files, I believe the old maintainer removed the dependency on
>> libssh for hydra until the issue could be resolved.
>
> I did. `variant ssh' is indeed commented out in the portfile. nevertheless
> I get the same error complaining about libssh version mismatch.

You may have to uninstall libssh first, if libssh is installed, it
will try to pull the libraries into a hydra build. Once you have
libssh removed, then hydra should build without ssh support.

> I'll wait and observe the status of the ticket.

Unfortunately, I don't think much work is going to get done on that
ticket since the maintainer of the port has stepped down. I
contemplated picking it up myself, but I don't have any time (nor
programming experience) to do so.

Matrix Mole