compilation of `hydra' failed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 5 04:52:57 PDT 2008

On Jun 5, 2008, at 03:41, Joerg van den Hoff wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 03:08:38PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Jun 4, 2008, at 10:06, Joerg van den Hoff wrote:
>>
>>> I'm back to field one: due to your above news, I just did:
>>>
>>> port clean --all libssh
>>> port uninstall hydra     #this was the old (working) version
>>> without ssh support
>>> port clean --all hydra
>>> port selfupdate
>>> port sync
>>> port install hydra
>>>
>>> which crashed again:
>>> ============================CUT=====================================
>>> =
>>> --->  Building hydra with target all
>> [snip]
>>> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -I. -Wall -O2 -c hydra-ssh2.c -DLIBOPENSSL -
>>> DLIBSSH -I/opt/local/include/libssh01 -I/opt/local/include
>>> hydra-ssh2.c:10:2: warning: #warning "If compilation of hydra-ssh2
>>> fails, you are not using v0.11. Download from http://www.
>>> 0xbadc0de.be/"
>>> hydra-ssh2.c:12:27: error: libssh/libssh.h: No such file or
>>> directory
>> [snip]
>>>

>> Did the port libssh01 get installed? It would provide libssh/libssh.h
>> in /opt/local/include/libssh01.
>
> I checked this: no libssh01 in this location. but then I repeated
> exactly the sequence of commands (history excerpt...):
>
> 2   10:32   sudo port -v clean --all libssh
> 3   10:32   sudo port uninstall hydra
> 4   10:32   sudo port clean --all hydra
> 5   10:32   sudo port -v sync
> 6   10:34   sudo port -v install hydra
>
> and now hydra installed just so!?
>
> so, sorry for the noise (though I swear the usual oath that I used
> exactly the same commands yesterday...) and many thanks again for
> fixing the
> ssh issue.

I take it libssh01 is installed now?

I think the first time you tried to install must have been before
libssh01 got added to the PortIndex (which is only regenerated every
12 hours), so when hydra asked for it as a dependency, MacPorts
didn't know where to find it, skipped it, and proceeded to try to
install hydra anyway, which failed. Now that libssh01 is in the index
it can be installed properly.