qt4 missing when installing LyX

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 08:55:03 PDT 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Jerry <lanceboyle at qwest.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still having trouble getting LyX installed. The problem seems to
> be a missing qt4 library. Just wondering if anyone else is having
> this problem.
>
> Jerry

This should work correctly now with the latest version of the qt4-mac
port. There were, as I remember, 2 problems here:

1. The qt4-mac pkgconfig files were in ${prefix}/Library/Frameworks/pkgconfig
    instead of ${prefix}/lib/pkgconfig where pkgconfig was looking for them.
2. The qt4-mac pkgconfig files provided flags to include the qt headers as
    "flat files" instead of the framework packages.

Both of these issues have been resolved with commit r37370.  I have
successfully tested and the LyX port does correctly compile, install,
and run.

Cheers,
Tanner Lovelace
--