Request process for ports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jun 8 04:01:36 PDT 2008

On Jun 8, 2008, at 05:53, Joe Schnide wrote:

> I'm not sure of what the process is for requesting ports. If there is
> an officail process, please provide a pointer to the document
> detailing
> the process.

The best thing to do is file a ticket in our issue tracker for each
port. Set the Type to "enhancement" and the Milestone to "Port
Requests".

Here are instructions for filing tickets:

http://guide.macports.org/#project

The best way to get ports added is to write them yourself.
Instructions for writing portfiles are in the guide too:

http://guide.macports.org/

You can also learn how to write portfiles by reading the existing
portfiles.