Deluge install issue

Brian Flaherty bxf4 at u.washington.edu
Tue Jun 10 15:36:43 PDT 2008

> On Jun 8, 2008, at 18:09, Joe Schnide wrote:
>

> > The Intel iMac was built as a clone of the MacBookPro so
> > they should be pretty close to identical.

I was recently having difficulties building some ports on my MacBook
Pro, but no problems building the same programs on my Mac Pro.  (There
were problems with the paths when building ports on the laptop.)  Both
machines have the same versions of Leopard, Xcode, MacPorts, etc.  A
difference is that when I upgraded from Tiger to Leopard on my Mac
Pro, I erased and did a fresh install.  On my MacBook Pro, I upgraded
from Tiger to Leopard, installing over the previous OS and not
deleting a lot of stuff.

This past weekend, I removed the entire MacPorts tree and all the
other files listed in the MacPorts Guide (and on Trac), and
reinstalled MacPorts on my laptop, and I still couldn't build
everything I wanted.  So, I formatted the laptop hard drive,
reinstalled Leopard and I haven't had any problems installing any
port.

I spent a fair amount of time looking to see what was going on,
but could not find the cause.

Maybe this issue parallels your two machines?

Brian